Catherine Zeta Jones wears it. So does Jennifer Lopez. Why? Airbrush makeup creates a flawless face – almost as if you took your picture and ran it through Photoshop.
Here’s how it works. A tiny amount of specialized foundation makeup is mixed with a few drops of water, and then sprayed onto the face with a wand. The result is a sheer, yet full coverage. You end up wearing less foundation, but with a flawless finish. It even hides under eye circles and rosacea.
Tools for At-Home Airbrush Application
- airbrush compressor
- airbrush wand (sometimes called a pen)
- hose (connects the wand and the compressor)
- makeup foundation
- bottled water
First time users can get this equipment in a kit. After that, all you will need is the foundation. Expect to pay from $120 to $600 or more as your initial investment. Once you’ve purchased your kit, the only further cost is foundation, which can be about $20. Some companies are making smaller compressors, which are easier for home use and for travel.
How to Apply permanent makeup machine manufacturers
1. Place a few drops of foundation into the designated cup, along with a few drops of water. (Each brand will have its own instructions telling you specifically how many drops of each to use.)
2. Hold the wand about 6 to 10 inches from your face, and spray the mixture in gentle circles over your face and neck. Never hold the wand in one place. Keep it moving. And don’t spray it into your eyes. Keep your eyes closed if you can.
3. Let it dry. If you want, you can apply a second coat. After that’s dry, you’re good to go. No need for finishing or setting powder.
What Kind of Foundation to Buy
Airbrush makeup foundations come in two types: silicone-based and water-based. Many professionals recommend the silicone, saying that it creates a slightly more flawless look. You need to purchase dedicated airbrush makeup – you can’t use your regular foundation in these machines.